It’s almost the day that is dedicated solely to you and your main squeeze. Luckily, February 14th falls on a Saturday this year, so you have a whole weekend to fill with romance. To help all of you Detroiters who are a little lost in the world of romantic gifting, we partnered up with our friends at Daily Detroit to round up some detroit-centric Valentine’s Day ideas. We have ideas for romantic Detroit date nights, local events to attend and some out-of-the box Detroit made products that we are sure will make your sweeties swoon.
1. Sign you and your Valentine up for the hilarious, memorable and charitable Cupid Undie Run on February 14th. What’s more romantic than running half naked through the streets of Detroit?
2. Not interested in toughing it out for the Undie Run? Pick out some lingerie at Detroit’s new Busted Bra Shop.
3. Give a more meaningful piece of jewelry this year and give a one-of-kind piece by Rebel Nell, all made from repurposed Detroit graffiti and crafted by local Detroit women.
4. Plan a Detroit game night crawl. Head to Fowling Warehouse (think bowling mixed with football, mixed with horseshoe) then end the night at Punch Bowl Social for some Ping Pong, old-school arcades and maybe even a little karaoke.
5. Tap into your artsy side and enroll you and your partner in a pottery class at Pewabic. Try one of their BYOB Friday Night Out classes (there’s still openings for February 13th!).
6. Don’t just surprise them with a new Shinola watch, surprise them with a trip to the Midtown Shinola Store and let them pick one out for themselves.
7. Take them to the Detroit Zoo Gone Wild, it includes a strolling dinner, drinks and a revealing look into the mating rituals of your favorite zoo animals.
8. Head to the VLNTNSDYMRKT to pick up some Pot & Box flowers, Petes Chocolates or cards from The Detroit Card Co.
9. There’s nothing more romantic than old school Detroit and some live Jazz at Cliff Bell’s. Enjoy the art-deco atmosphere with some smooth music, a bite to eat, and a cocktail.
10. Valentine Vodka is an apt name for a vodka for this season! It’s high quality, too, and has a unique and tasty peppery finish. You can either grab a bottle as a gift, or maybe plan a night out at their fabulous tasting room in downtown Ferndale.